Thursday, June 24, 2010

a new week

Thursday, June 24, 2010


Dear Baby,

Well, I told my parents about you. On Tuesday I had planned to make the drive up there so that I could tell them in person, but by the time I was done with work, I was too sick to drive. So, I made the call.

I have to say, it went much better than I thought it was going to. My mom seemed excited. She said she had a feeling that you would be coming soon. I told her that I was glad one of us had that feeling. I know that the closer it gets to the day that you are here, the more excited she and my dad will be. You, baby, will be their first grandchild.

I made my first doctor’s appointment this week also. It’s at Cheat Lake Physicians on Thursday, July the first. I’m nervous and excited about it. I’m not sure how far along I am, so that will be exciting to learn. I’m hoping that they will do a sonogram so that I can see you for the first time. But, honestly, I do not know what they will do at this appointment. I’m still trying to learn about this whole pregnancy process.

So far you have not been making my stomach feel too good. I usually feel ok until I try to eat. Also, after work, I always feel horrible. I do not know if it’s working in the heat all day, or if it’s just another natural part of being pregnant. It is probably a combination of both.

On Saturday, your dad and I are going to your cousin Nikkys’ wedding. It should be fun (even without the alcohol). All of your dads family will be there and we will get to tell more people about your existence.

My belly is getting so big already! You must be growing! My pants will not fit any longer. I can put them on but I cannot button them! Your Grandma Adams called today and said she bought me some maternity clothes from a yard sale that one of your Uncle Tim’s friends was having. I can’t wait to have clothes that are comfortable to wear!

I talked to your cousin Miranda today. She wants to have a baby so bad! But, her and her husband Brian are waiting at least another year. She will love and adore you! I think she will be more of an Aunt to you than a cousin. She is more of a friend to me than a niece.

One thing I am learning from this process is to never doubt your mothers love, even when its hard to believe someone that can fight with so much and despise at times. Because a mother goes through so many changes, so much sickness, so many questions… all during the nine months that she carries you. All of this she goes through and deals with and keeps taking the next step forward for you, the baby. Because a mothers’ love... well that starts on day one.

The day she reads ‘pregnant’ on a stick.

Love,

Mommy



Current weight: 121 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment