Sunday, June 20, 2010

the surprise

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Dear Baby,

Today we had your dads’ entire family over to celebrate your cousin Jon’s birthday. Your uncle Matt came down too. (Late, but he still made it in time for cake.)

Jon came in the house and was so surprised to see everyone here for his birthday. He had no idea! We cooked on the grill (and by we, I mean your dad… because as you will soon find out, I can’t boil water.) We had a good time. Jon received a lot of good presents. I think his favorite though was his bow that his dad got him.

As soon as your Uncle Matt got here, he asked me if I wanted everyone here so that I could tell them that I was pregnant. I couldn’t believe that he guessed! But, I lied to him, made him wait to hear the news until later.

After cake and presents, I handed out gift bags to all of your Aunts, Uncles, and Grandma and Grandpa Adams. Inside was a candle that had a “baby” scent and a baby outfit, with a note that said “we have been keeping a secret from you, we are having a baby!”

Baby, they were so excited to hear about you!!! I immediately received hugs and congratulations! Seeing them so happy made me happy.

I still have to tell my parents. Your Uncle Matt told me that I was being silly about the whole thing and that they will be very excited. I hope he is right. I am going to go up there this week to tell them.

I haven’t gone to the doctor yet. Your Aunt Amy is going to find out who a good doctor in town is and call me tomorrow with the name. I don’t know how long it takes to get to see a photo of you, or how long before we can find out your sex…. But those are the two things I am so excited for!

As for now, we have a lot of planning, a lot of saving, and a lot of everything to do. I do not know anything about having a baby. But, it’s going to be a fun learning process. And, today, I learned that I will not be alone during this process… I’ll have a ton of support from your dads’ family and from your Uncle Matt.

So far we’ve come up with a boy’s name. Burke Matthew. Burke is after your Great Grandpa Walker Burke. Matthew is after your Uncle Matt. As for a girl, we like the name Elsie. We came up with this by combining your Grandmothers names together. Elva and Nancy = Elsie. And I like the middle name Lee (that’s mine and bother of your Grandfathers middle name). But, we will just have to wait and see who you are going to be. I know it will be someone great!

Love,

Mommy

Current weight: 121 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment